UniSA Sport Advisory Group - Terms of Reference
Role and responsibilities of the Advisory Group
The purpose of the UniSA Sport Advisory Group is to provide strategic advice to the Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Pro Vice Chancellor Student Engagement and Equity, the UniSA Sport Manager, and the University of South Australia generally, about the activities of UniSA Sport.
In particular, the Group will assist the UniSA Sport Manager in the ongoing implementation and management of the UniSA Sport Strategic Plan 2015-18, and subsequent action plan. The Group will work to oversee and support the successful development of the four key strategic areas identified within the UniSA Sport and Recreation Strategic Plan 2015-18, including:
- Profile – Ensure all current students, potential students, staff and alumni are aware of UniSA Sport and the range of clubs, campus, community and representative options provided.
- Participation – Encourage and assist students to engage in sport or active recreational activities that suit their needs and interests.
- Facilities – Support access to appropriate and safe sport and active recreation facilities
- Support – Ensure UniSA Sport and its affiliated clubs have the resources and expertise to operate effectively and efficiently.
The Group may make recommendations to the University to amend any policy or any aspect of operation of UniSA Sport. The overriding decision to make any amendments will, however, rest with the University.
Membership of the Advisory Group
The Group will consist of ten (10) members, as follows:
- An Advisory Group Chair
- Pro Vice Chancellor Student Engagement and Equity
- Two (2) current students of the University who actively participate in sport or physical recreation;
- One (1) current student of the University who actively holds a committee position on an affiliated UniSA Sport Club;
- Two (2) people external to the University (i.e. not students or staff members of the University) who have relevant expertise in the area of sport and physical recreation; and
- Three (3) staff members of the University who have relevant expertise in the area of sport and physical recreation
A list of the current members in the UniSA Sport Advisory group can be found below and the complete Terms of Reference are available on request from UniSA Sport.
The Group may invite additional students, staff members or members of the community to attend meetings and provide expert advice or representations to the Group on any matter the Group deems appropriate.
All membership positions of the Group are merit selected based on expertise in the sport and physical recreation sector. All members of the Group will be appointed by invitation by the Provost and Chief Academic Officer. The Provost and Chief Academic Officer will appoint the Chair of the Group.
The term of appointment for each member is one calendar year. There is no limit to the number of terms a member can be appointed.
2018 Advisory Group Members
|Chair / External Member
Executive Director, Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation SA
|Pro Vice Chancellor
Student Engagement and Equity
|Affiliated Club/Student Representative
President UniSA Tennis Club
|Elite Athlete Student Representative
Elite Athlete (Diving) and current UniSA Student
UniSA Sport club representative and intervarsity event participant
National Community Development and Sponsorship Manager, Beyond Bank
||Professor Roger Eston
Head of School of Health Sciences, UniSA
||Dr. Sarah Chua
Course Coordinator Sport & Recreation Mngement UniSA
Director: Student Engagement Unit, UniSA